REPORTS TO: Production Manager
High precision tooling and machining services company seeks an EDM Operator/Toolmaker to help support continued growth. Primary responsibility is programming and operation of Wire EDM and Small Hole EDM. Additional responsibilities include assisting with manufacture of components and assemblies consistent with established standards. Knowledge of manufacturing methods, techniques, fixtures, and software is necessary to be successful. Candidate will demonstrate the company core values, People, Integrity, and Excellence, in all aspects of their assigned duties and responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with production manager and toolmakers to complete projects in a safe and timely manner.
- Ensure that all EDM processes are performed in a quality manner, taking responsibility for on-time delivery and minimizing any quality issues.
- Work in cooperation with the area managers and other toolmakers to ensure that machine usage time is maximized.
- Communicate with production manager to help refine the completion date of all jobs.
- Recommend and conduct preventative maintenance with area managers.
- Recommend to the production manager or general manager any new/improved production processes.
- Good housekeeping is practiced.
Employee will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- Must be familiar with tool-making methodology:
- Knowledge of Machining and Surface Grinding.
- Knowledge of CNC Milling is a plus, not a requirement.
- Knowledge of CNC Programming.
- Required: Two years of EDM experience.
- Preferred: Two-year post-secondary Tool and Die Certificate
- Preferred: Familiarity with GF ACvision 5 control.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to work cooperatively with others in team environment.